Cuba's digital destination
In the words of the Publisher:
Celebrating the relics of Cuba?s revolutionary glory days, this book explores everything from the kinds of interiors seen in Buena Vista Social Club to top-notch luxury hotels and cultural heritage sites. Via a diverse selection of Havana homes, hotels, gathering places, and more, Inside Havana takes you deep into the heart of the city.?
– traditional time-worn homes bearing the patina of generations of habitation
– Modernist houses?including one by Richard Neutra?and artists? homes
– Cuba?s best eclectic 20th century mansions
– Partag?s cigar factory, one of Havana?s oldest and finest
– the baroque building Palacio de los Capitanes Generales
– the spectacular and futuristic Mario Girona-designed ice cream haven that is Havana?s most popular hangout
– the bars Ernest Hemingway frequented, the hotel where he stayed between 1932 and 1939, and the estate near Havana he purchased in 1940, where he wrote The Old Man and the Sea
– Mafia casino hotels
About the authors:
Julio C?sar P?rez Hern?ndez, Loeb Fellow at Harvard Graduate School of Design 2001-2002 and adjunct professor at the School of Architecture in Havana, has lectured widely in the US and Europe about Cuban architecture. He is a member of the Union of Writers and Artists of Cuba and the recipient of several international and national awards. His writings have been published in the New York Times, Arquitectura Cuba and Arquitectura y Urbanismo.
Angelika Taschen studied art history and German literature in Heidelberg, gaining her doctorate in 1986. Working for TASCHEN from 1987 to 2010, she has published numerous titles on art, architecture, photography, design, travel, and lifestyle.