Cuba’s National Libreary, which dates back to 1901, moved to its present location in June 1957. The library, over 200 years old, is in charge of acquiring, preserving and promoting Cuba’s bibliographic heritage. Its collection includes both Cuban and international works. The building itself is noteworthy for its constructional quality and its precise and thoughtful design, which although somewhat anachronistic, still possesses spatial and compositional elements of interest. The lobby at the entrance has a cathedral ceiling crowned in the upper part by a stained-glass skylight that depicts a stylized representation of the different branches of knowledge.
Opening hours: 8am-9pm Mon-Fri; 8am-6pm Sat