This fountain, which is known by either name, is a representation of the mythical Indian woman called Habana, the wife of cacique Habaguanex who ruled in the area before the arrival of Columbus. The fountain, which is around three meters high, was brought from Italy in 1837 and designed by the Italian architect Giuseppe Gaggini. Made in white Carrara marble, the Indian woman sits on a pedestal surrounded by four dolphins, which are the dispensers of the water that falls on huge shells. She is adorned with a crown of feathers, while on her left hand she holds a cornucopia of Cuban fruits. On her right hand, she holds an oval shield bearing the city’s coat of arms.