The Convent of the Dominican Sisters of Saint Catherine of Siena moved from its former site in Old Havana to a new and prime location in El Vedado on May 13, 1918. The construction of the convent and the church lasted three years and the buildings occupied the entire block (25, 23, Paseo and A streets). The church has two domed towers in a mixture of styles that included Neo-Gothic and Romanesque.
The church has preserved the large windows that were conceived for the sisters in perpetual cloister. The altars were made of marble and the high altar was faced with wood. It also has stained glass windows and the arched ceiling is covered with tiles. The convent was given to the Ministry of Education and is now a High School.