Opened on December 2, 1928, the Teatro Auditorium was created under the auspices of the Sociedad Pro-Arte Musical and thanks to the efforts of its director, María Teresa García Montes de Giberga (1880-1930). After the 1959 Revolution, the theater was completely refurbished and was named after renowned composer Amadeo Roldán. On June 30, 1977, it was practically destroyed by fire due to sabotage. It was reopened on April 10, 1999 with two concert halls.
It is the seat of the National Symphony Orchestra and one of the best places to listen to classical music in Havana.